History and Background
Royal College Technologies Club was inaugurated in the year of 1925 during the tenure of then principal of Royal College – Mr. H.L Reed. It was first named as the Radio Listeners Club of Royal College. Subsequently by 1930 the club was renamed as the Radio Club of Royal College. By the year 1994 its members successfully aired Asia’s first ever 24-hour school radio channel ‘FMRoyal’ using the FM frequency 103.1 MHz. In 2015, the Club was renamed as the Technologies club and its concentrations grew from mere radio technology to beyond into other fields of technology as well.
To sustainably build a society with a progressive, comprehensive knowledge and capability in working with various technologies.
To integrate, innovate and enhance the knowledge of the schooling community of Royal College and beyond to materialize the phenomenon which is envisioned.
Chairman Nipun Wijesinghe
Secretary Akeed Macan Markar
Treasurer Kushel Mudalige